Customer Service Associate
About Medical Center Specialty Pharmacy (“MCSP”)
MCSP is a premier, full-service pharmacy and compounding lab located in Wilmington,
NC. For over 30 years, we have been a trusted local pharmacy for all types of
prescriptions including specialized compounded medications. Our mission at Medical
Center Specialty Pharmacy is to hold steadfast in our founding philosophy of
exceptional, personalized service, customized solutions, and care for our patients’ health
and well-being. We are looking for team members that share our Core Values:
• Customer Service
• Commitment to Quality
The Customer Service Associates are usually the first point of contact between MCSP
and the customers who we serve, and they play a vital role in facilitating patients
receiving the treatments that they need. This role will reach out to patients to educate
them on the medication their health provider has prescribed and gather the necessary
information to complete the prescription process. Additionally, the Customer Service
Associate will be responsible for inbound calls from patients with questions on their
medications or our process. The position requires an individual who works well both
independently and in a team environment and has strong critical thinking skills.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year of previous customer service experience
• Additional education or previous pharmacy experience is a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background check
Skills and Characteristics:
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• High level of professionalism
• Organized and detail oriented
• Eagerness to work as a team player
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Initiate telephone, text and email contact with patients to complete
prescription orders effectively and efficiently.
• Answer and process incoming calls and emails in a professional and timely
• Communicate professionally with patients regarding the use, benefits of, and
potential insurance coverage of MCSP’s products.
• Provide patient education as needed on MCSP’s products, shipping times,
and insurance billing processes.
• Ability to adapt to fast pace environment
• Recognizes priority situations and understands when to notify appropriate
• Maintain accurate records and provide detailed, professional notes in patient
• Operate independently in MCSP’s prescription fulfillment system to complete
patient orders with a high degree of accuracy.
• Dress and interact professionally in an office environment.
• Follow all company policies and address issues following appropriate chain
• Assist with new hire training.
Benefits package available including PTO, 401(k) company contributions, and subsidized
Hours: Full-time employment for 5 days/week (M-F). This includes 8 hour/days and a
consistent 40-hour work week.
Covid-19 vaccination required
|Job Category||Customer Service|